NAVAL SUBMARINE LEAGUE CHARTER
The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
Specifically, the Corporation intends:
- To stimulate and promote an awareness, by all elements of American society, of the need for a strong submarine arm of the U. S. Navy.
- To encourage mutual understanding and a close working relationship between American society, and those segments of the United States government responsible for the acquisition and employment of submarines for the common defense and national security.
- To identify and study submarine problems affecting the common defense and national security of the United States, develop solutions to such problems, and provide such solutions to those governmental agencies charged with responsibility for common defense and national security.
- Through individual and collective action, to help the active and reserve military establishment to address submarine maritime issues.
- To bring together the various diverse elements of the military, particularly in relation to problems associated with maritime submarine service.
- To promote greater liaison and communications among the military, academic, and business communities on issues concerning the maritime submarine force.
- To provide a forum whereby the views and perceptions of its members can be focused and expounded.
Taken from the Articles of Incorporation of the Naval Submarine League, 8 June 1982
A Professional Association for Submarine Advocates