Individual NSL Membership Benefits
The Naval Submarine League provides individual members with:
- A lifelong professional organization that promotes continuous open dialogue on issues of importance to the Submarine Force, provides a forum for discussion new ideas and critical commentary, and a means publicizing the results.
- A subscription to our quarterly professional publication - The Submarine Review.
- Personal invitations to the “Annual Symposium”, “Submarine Technology Symposium” and “History Seminar” events.
- News of local NSL Chapter meetings and activities.
- Headquarters support for local chapter activities and member questions.
- A public forum for individual boat and command reunions.
- A members-only Naval Submarine League Group forum on LinkedIn to post jobs, host blog discussions, and encourage networking on-line.
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) supports today's Submarine Force by:
The Naval Submarine League educates the public, government leaders, and local civic and educational organizations on Submarine matters through:
- Membership in recognized submarine professional association that is endorsed by Active Duty leadership.
- Free 2-year membership for active duty students
- Reduced membership cost for other active duty members
- Electronic access to authoritative articles in The Submarine Review quarterly
- Annual awards of up to $500, $250 and $100 prizes in each category [officer, chief and E-6 and below] for best articles submitted to The Submarine Review)
- Financial awards for best photographs each year
- Access to members-only LinkedIn Group for League members
- Periodic e-mails of interest to all members
- Networking resource for jobs upon decision to leave active duty
- League sponsorship of Fleet awards
- League publication of “best advice ever received” on League’s website and in The Submarine Review
- League sponsorship of active duty panel discussions of topics in homeports
- League sponsorship of Sailor of the Year competitions (LANT/PAC)
- League sponsorship of activities in submarine homeports (e.g., Submarine Birthday Balls, luncheon meetings, social hours with other League members)
The Naval Submarine League further sponsors:
- A Speakers Program with videos, slides, PowerPoint™ presentations, and handout materials.
- The free distribution of informative material and handouts such as videos, slides, background papers, speeches, historical articles, etc.
- Monetary grants for individual or institutional educational studies and research pertaining to Submarines and support of educational programs at submarine memorial ships and museums.
- A website, www.navalsubleague.com, which provides information on Submarines, Submariners, current Submarine activities and issues, and Submarine history and heritage.
- Publication of special Submarine related studies.
- An opportunity for membership for submarine advocates that is available to everyone.
The Naval Submarine League is:“FOR ALL SUBMARINERS AND SUBMARINE ADVOCATES –PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE”
- An educational awards program.
- A literary awards program.
- An annual photo contest.
- A comprehensive, modern Submarine library that includes books, videos, articles, and memorabilia
- Exhibits at important Defense-related conferences and symposia.
Join the NSL Today
- Active Duty Membership - Active Duty E1-E3 or Officer Student (e.g., USNA, NROTC, SOBC, NPS, NPTU), Active E4-E6/01-03, Active E7-E9/O4-O10
- Regular Membership - Retired Military, Civilian
- Life Membership - Age 39 and younger, Age 40-59, Age 60+
Download The Membership Application Membership Form